By Tsz on November 19, 2010
I, along with 3 other finalists, will be cooking and serving up our entry dishes for House of An’s first ever cooking competition! There’ll be free food galore as we’re told to create 70-100 portions and I’d personally rather serve friends than strangers.
To give you a little sneak peak, I’ll be serving up an Italian classic with a twist—the Asian Bolognese. Taking inspiration from the ubiquitous family dish, I gave it an update using lesser known gems—such as dried tangerine peel, Jinhua Ham (the Virginia ham of Chinese cooking) and picked plum.
What’s in play? The grand prize is:
• $1000 gift certificate to any House of An Restaurant in SoCal (I’m gunning for Crustacean Beverly Hills!)
• Recipe added to House of An Restaurants’ menus
• Noodle-Off championship bowl by Jonathan Adler
Also, there’s also a People’s Choice award! Every attendee are given a ballot during the finals to vote for their favorite dish. The person with the most votes will get a $300 gift card to any House of An Restaurant!
So, please come on by, say hi, enjoy some tasty noodle dishes and vote for me (that is, if you like my dish)! It’ll be nice to see some familiar faces in the crowd and have some cheerleaders as the thought of having to appear on the nightly news is terrifying to say the least. Eeee.
Bring your friends and hope to see you there!
The Noodle-Off Event Finals will showcase the top four (4) finalists and the Semi-Finals winner with the best Noodle recipes from all the collective submissions. The Noodle-Off Championship will be held at Tiato Garden Market Café located at 2700 Colorado Avenue, Santa Monica, 90404 at 8:00 – 10:00 PM. Finalists will be asked to attend the event where they will prepare their dish LIVE in front of the attending crowd and panel of judges. Finalists should be comfortable with having the media present at the event Finals and speaking to attending press, as the event will be covered by Fox 11 and Jane Yamamoto.
The Noodle-Off Championship panel of judges include:
• Helene An, House of An Executive Chef
• Elizabeth An, CEO of House of An
• Carole Dixon, NBC’s Feast LA
• Krista Simmons, Los Angeles Times “Brand X”
• Mar Yvette, CitySearch Los Angeles
• Lesley Bargar Suter, Los Angeles Magazine
• Jeff Miller, Thrillist Los Angeles